Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Incredible Creatives – Eveleen Murphy


Broken Flamingo by Eveleen Murphy
This is the wonderful work of artist Eveleen Murphy, who I used to share a studio with in the Backwater Artists Group, and who I collaborated with in the Half and Half Opposites exhibition. Her exhibition I heart, he hearts was one of the most magnificent exhibitions I have ever seen. I love the vitality in Eveleen’s work, and her bold sense of colour – some colours shouldn’t work, but they do, and this gives them an offbeat uniqueness which is fascinating.

My boyfriend once gave me a gift of the picture above – a complete surprise, and he selected my favourite painting from the series! Some time after this I discovered it was called ‘Broken Flamingo’, which proved it was meant to be!

Exploding Beetroot Storm by Eveleen Murphy
Eveleen is currently completing a masters in Painting in the National College of Art and Design in Dublin. More work can be seen on her website, or keep up to date with her latest work on her Facebook Page.


No comments:

Post a Comment