Saturday, April 6, 2013

Polish Easter Feast


My friend Gosia told me that Easter in Poland is a big deal, and when I was invited for Easter dinner at her house last Sunday I could see she wasn’t kidding. Stuffed eggs, cold meats and cheese, Russian salad, horseradish, homemade bread (which had been blessed in church) was followed by chicken, sausages and cabbage, then three (yes, three!) types of cake. The table was decorated with pretty painted eggs. Her boyfriend was a bit exhausted from 3 days of cooking to prepare the feast. I find trying foods from other cultures very exciting, and it’s part of the reason I became un-vegetarian. It helps when it’s delicious too!


When I got home I was in a bit of a food coma, but couldn’t resist opening my Easter egg. It’s a good thing I was recently given an exercise bike!


Eleanor xx